Let's Party Like We're In Our 20s!

What do you do when you turn 30? I was speaking with my best friend Selena recently and she was telling me about her difficult time planning a bachelorette party for her 21yr old cousin. We’ve been to club, we’ve stayed out all hours of the night-been there, done that. Our perspectives has changed tremendously. It used to be no big deal going to the club, flirting up cute guys and dancing with no shame; now we want to eat food (maybe even cook) and drink wine.

I’ve been enlisted to help find something fun for her cousin and accompanying young girlfriends would enjoy. Something was mentioned about going to a club and renting a party bus. Selena and I both know that arming a nightlife virgin with alcohol and a ride to the club is not a good idea. We both agreed to axe that suggestion and look for something fun and memorable...We have yet to find anything. It’s challenging because a party bus and drinking are stereotypical bachelorette party themes. And at the same time, eating delicious food and drinking wine is not really on the young bride’s radar.

The search continues. I think seeing a theatre production along with a nice dinner and maybe some dancing (not necessarily clubbing) sounds like a good time. I don’t have any specifics and I don’t really know the bride; I met her once or twice several years ago. To be honest, I opted for a bridal shower over a bachelorette party; so this is not in my area of experience. We’ll see how it goes and hope the lovely bride and her friends are accommodating.

Comments

Popular Posts