The Season of Styx Malone


Image result for the season of styx maloneI'm 2019 with some new books that were released in 2018. The Season of Styx Malone is written by Kekla Magoon. One of the things I love about this book is that Magoon takes time to develop the characters in the story. Even secondary and tertiary characters are eloquently described while still allowing the reader to make certain assumptions for themselves. It's an adventure from start to finish.

The story is a coming-of-age crossed with a cautionary tail. The story is filled with lessons of trust and it is a story of 3 boys; two of whom are brothers ages 10 and 11 and the third is Styx Malone an older boy who is 16. The story takes place in the summer, that time between the end of summer break and the first day of school. The two brothers find themselves trying to get out of trouble and Styx Malone shows up just in time to help them out; or so they think. Styx ropes the two boys into an elevator scheme. It is an adventure with several life lessons.

This is a middle grade book, perfect for ages 10-14. Youth books such as this are my favorite, the stories of adventure and innocence make me happy. I borrowed this book from my local library, but I've added it to my "buy it" list because I think my sons will enjoy this story in the future.


Comments

Popular Posts