A New Journey

I’m starting a new journey. I’ve recently decided to really work (I mean hustle) for what I want. Too often, I’ve set my sights based off what other people are doing or have done with their lives. I have my own life. I am responsible for my outcome and therefore I am going to be responsible of my process; my journey.

Its great what others are doing and I will use what I’ve decided there success is my inspiration. How long can I just look, and hope, and wish? Action is necessary. So, what is my goal? what is that I want to achieve?

I want to learn to sew, so that I can make skirts and flowy pants. I want to practice yoga consistently to become more flexible. I want to grow my dreadlocks long because that is what I want in order to feel really beautiful-really sexy. I want be in-tune with sensuality because I lost that part of myself after giving birth to my son. I want to workout consistently and be strong and healthy. I want to live a vegetarian and eventual vegan lifestyle because it makes me happy. I want to blog and make youtube videos for money. I want to make soap to share and sell. I want to be a barber-simply because it's cool as hell. I want to be Sofia; there is only one of me and to not be my best is an insult to The Most High. All I want is to live and be my best self; so that at the end of my life I can look my children, grand-children and great grand-children in the eye and say that I have achieved and that my life is a worthy example of living.

One thing that I’ve come to realize is that I can only complete my journey if I take one step at a time. Trying to skip ahead three paces sends me back five. I’ve know myself long enough to know that I cannot skip the necessary steps. I have to do what is required to receive worthy results.

The only thing holding me back right now is me; and in some cases lack of money. But money aside, I can achieve 7 of the 10 things I listed with the resources I have now. All I have to do is just do it. I have to pull myself out of the social media, out of the television, out of the negative mindset and simply DO.

Comments

Popular Posts