My Funky Fresh Armpits are Offending Me

I was highly upset the other day when I had (or thought I had to wear conventional antiperspirant). My travel deodorant with a cucumber sent burned my nose all day. I am sensitive to chemical smells which is why I don’t usually wear commercial perfumes or use popular bath and body products. 
While I was not offending anyone with my onion pits (I had a ton of onion the day before) I was offending myself and my beliefs by coating my armpits with aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex. The warning on the label urges consumers with kidney disease to consult a doctor before use and to the call poison control center if ingested. Excuse me? The only reason I put this stuff on was because I forgot to put on my natural deodorant that morning. I’d done a bit of moving around and the onion I’d eaten the day before was making a second debut. 
As soon as I got home from work I hurried to scrub my under my arms with organic castile soap and followed up with organic virgin coconut oil. I’m so glad it wasn’t super hot outside, so I did not do a lot of sweating, but my mind was definitely in a spin about having that icky chemical laced deodorant on my body.

I threw the remaining antiperspirant away and hope that from now on I remember to apply my natural alternatives before I leave home.

Comments

Popular Posts