A Quick Update On Books and Life

I’m only 5 books way from reaching my reading goal for 2017. I’ll be upset to make it so close and not complete the goal. I wanted to read 20 books this year and I’ve got 14.5 more books to go. I’ve been tracking my progress on goodreads and the tracker automatically updates from my Kindle when I’ve completed a book.

Lately, I’ve come to feel that I’ve exhausted my local library. I’ve read very little fiction this year, I’ve instead been exploring my interests in food nutrition, memoirs, and self-help. I’ve read some children’s literature but nothing geared toward the adult reader, I just couldn’t get into it. I’m in a season of learning and that has been very clear through my reading selections.

I’m reading / working through a book on overcoming sexual abuse. I’m on a stream to better myself, especially since I am only a few weeks away from giving birth to our newest family member. I’ve also been reading my Bible more and taking more time to implement self-care practices. Reading has definitely been a form of self-care; knowledge is power. I’m on a true journey to become a sage woman, a peaceful woman, and a woman fully aware of her own mind and body.I'm looking forward to being able to dance again. I can still dance, don’t get me wrong, but it's a bit different with a big baby bump!

Some subjects I’m looking forward to reading are on; diabetes, womb and feminine health, belly dance and femininity in practice and in essence. If you are interested, please follow my Goodreads profile to see what I’m reading to also get reviews on books that I don’t necessarily post to my blog.

Comments

Popular Posts