Fresh Limes? Chile Lime Dressing!

Last night I used up some crisphead (iceberg) lettuce we had leftover from taco night last week. I never buy this kind of lettuce but when you send hubby to the store, sometimes you don’t get the expected outcome. Anyway, I did a combo or rip and chop to shred and I added micro sliced cucumber. I had tomato with mine (hubby doesn’t like tomato) and I made a chile lime dressing.
Chile Lime Dressing
Juice from half a lime
1 tsp olive oil
Crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
1/3 tsp of chopped or mince ginger
1 to 2 tsp of maple syrup (more or less to taste)
Salt and pepper to taste
I’d made this up on whim. I wanted something different and I came up with a really delicious and light dressing. It had the consistency of vinaigrette and I was thinking that the next time I make it I will blend it with hempseeds to add a little body and creaminess to it.
I am looking forward to dinner tonight. I have fresh dino kale that I got from Whole Foods. I’m not sure if I want to lightly sauté and make a creamy pasta dish with it or just go salad for the night. I recently watched a video on YouTube and I feel really inspired by it. Raw Zuccini is used in the video but I might be in the mood for actual pasta. I think I want mushrooms too. A homemade creamy mushroom sauce sounds good.
I’m going to look online and see what I can come up with.

Comments

Popular Posts