GREAT EXPECTATIONS

No, this is not a book review. 

This weekend I realized that some part of me will always want to please my parents. I'm 20 (ahem)...something years old, married and expecting my first child and each and every week I make a pointed effort to not just go to church but to get there on time and every week I fail. Its not as if I don't want to go, I do. I enjoy going to church and I look forward to seeing the other members. But for some reason, getting there on time is beyond me. And every week I have to face my mother who, without a doubt, will ask me what time I got to church and/or she'll ask why I am so late. I don't know why. I'm on time for everything else (sort of).

Okay so here's the deal...

My church has 2 services 7:45am and 11am. When I go to the 7:45am service, I get there late but not as late as when I attempt to go to the 11am service. For example, I may only be 20 minutes late for 7:45am service whereas I'd be an hour late for 11am. Neither is good but I believe one is better than the other. I've set goals for this month, and one of those goals is to get to church on time.

My parents, expect me to be there but more importantly Yahweh expects me to be there too and to be on time.
 


Comments

Popular Posts