When Life Becomes A Circus



You ever just need a do over?

I need a do over for this whole week. It’s Friday, the best day of the week; for most people. For me it’s another day at the circus. Last Saturday is when it all began…

Saturday September 27th

I checked my bank account to assure that my paycheck went through. It did, all was well. I scroll down and see that my car insurance company withdrew $1187.00 from my account which was supposed to just be $187.00. Of course I had to make a call, so I spent 2 hours on the phone with both the insurance company and the bank to assure that mistake was taken care of. I was promised on both ends that the situation would be rectified…it’s Friday and guess what? My money has still not been returned.

I called Geico this morning and voiced another complaint. I’m calling the bank this morning to speak with the accounts personnel and to really find out what the problem really is.

Sunday September 28th

It started off as a blessed morning, my husband and I went to church as usual but in the middle of the sermon I started not to feel well and being pregnant, I didn’t want to take any chances. We left and went to the ER…I ended up going to 2 different hospitals because the first ER I went to wasn’t moving. People were checking-in but after 2 hours, no one was called in the see the doctor, the ER waiting era was just getting more and more crowded.

I left and went to a different hospital, I was there for a long time also, but there were getting people in and out on a much better trajectory than the first hospital. I was diagnosed with an infection and given some medication and a prescription. When I finally got home it was well after 8pm and the only thing I’d eaten was a bag of white cheddar popcorn and 6 chicken nuggets. Not good for pregnancy.

Monday September 29th

Monday is the only day I can say I had a pretty good day. It’s probably because the only time I left the house was to go to Walgreens and to the grocery store. I didn’t leave the house for the rest of the day and I’m glad I didn’t.

Tuesday September 30th

My last day off. I went to the DMV to get my license and registration updated. Since I’ve changed my name, it’s been hell trying to get everything update in all of life’s computers. I wasn’t able to get my license updated because I did not have the court issued marriage license.  Although, I did have my social security card; which I found out is as useless as ever when updating your personal information. Makes no sense when you think about it, because the marriage license displays my maiden name and not my married name but the social security card, which has been officially changed by the federal government, has my new name but that’s not acceptable.

Wednesday October 1st

The day of redemption!! Back to work, back to life as usual. Only, traffic was so terrible that it took me 2 hours to get to work. To give you some perspective, I live 24 miles from my job, door-to-door. In theory, that should take 35 minutes 40 minutes at the most. I left work at 1pm yesterday, ideal traffic – took me 35 minutes to get home. Traffic was so treacherous that it took me 1 hour to travel 14 miles a ride at any other time that would take about 20 minutes.  Why? Well, I assure you there was no accident. It was a light drizzle, nothing to really slow down for.

I’m fully and truly convinced that when some people just don’t know where their job is. It seems to me, that anyone who goes to work everyday to the same place they were at the day before would just get in their car and go there. What’s the hold up? You forgot how to get to your cubicle? It’s the same drive every single day. And obviously there are those who legitimately travel to a different work site everyday but I’m specifically referring to people, who’ve been at the same job, same cubicle for years…

I was late for work; making my already short pay check even more so.

Thursday October 2nd

The day started out fine. I left work early to get to a dr.’s appointment, a very important one. I get there and one of the nurses informs me that the doctor doesn’t use that particular office on Thursdays and that he actually works from a different office in the neighboring county. I almost cried, but she called the office and let one the nurses know and so I did eventually get to see the doctor. I had to rush because I’d already had a late day appointment and I didn’t want to waste time and end up not being able to see the doctor.

I also found out that I have to get my ultrasound at an ultrasound facility outside of the doctor’s office. I don’t have a problem with that, other than having to take off work but I just find it interesting.

Friday October 3rd

I can’t thank The Most High enough that this week is coming to a close. I want nothing more than for this week to be over. I don’t even want a do over, I just want to get my life back on track and move on. Today is a normal Friday, not having my refunded money aside. I just pray the day continues without any more foolishness.

Comments

Popular Posts