What The Receptionist Was Really Thinking #TBT

Since becoming pregnant, its easy for me to get really pissed out about something. For some reason, work is a ticking time bomb of stupidity. I'm a receptionist so I literally encounter everyone that walks through the front door. It amazes me every single day the kinds of questions I get. I can't always...well, I can never answer like I want to...but today I can and I will right here in this blog.

"Is there a bathroom on this floor?"
 -No, the closest bathroom is located in the restaurant next door to the building. Let the hostess know you are with [name of the company] and they will point you to the toilet.

or

"Where is the bathroom?"
-Down the hall on the right...
 "this hall?"
-There is ONLY ONE HALL WAY...SO YES THAT ONE!


 "Do you make coffee?"
-Hell no, you drink it you make it.

I work in a mobile/satellite location so only about 20 people have assigned cubicles and offices. Most people are remote and only come in for meetings or to print stuff. I'm not security so I don't have to check ID's unless someone doesn't have a badge. Everyone has to scan in and only on a few occasions will people tell me who they are, where they will be, or who their guests are. So when someone comes in and says...

"Is Chris in today?"
- Is it a man or a woman? [company name] has thousands of employees; so why the hell would you come into a mobile/satellite office dropping a one syllable monicker; like I know who your talking about?

If you're not an employee, fine, you wouldn't know but for real...First of all give me a full name; first and last because there have been several occasions where Chris is actually Christina and not Christopher.

I'm done with this rant. There will probably be more to come.









Comments

Popular Posts