I Need A Life Over-Haul



I’ve decided that I need to make time and give myself some serious TLC. Since I’ve gotten married 31/2 months ago, I feel I’ve let myself go. You’re probably asking how far could I have possibly gotten in just 31/2 months. I won’t exaggerate to say that I am a shadow of my former self. I was telling my husband all this last night and he hasn’t noticed any change. But I have definitely noticed.

I’ve only been to the gym a few times before after we’ve gotten married. Its not that I don’t want to, I do and I should go. But, mentally I am not there – I have to get my mind ready. And, I haven’t gained any weight; in fact, I’ve lost 5lbs because of pregnancy and not having the stomach to eat properly all the time.

Yes, I’ve become pregnant in our 3 glorious months of marriage, and it’s taken a toll on my energy levels. It’s been a hard adjustment; I am used to being a busy bee and having the stamina to match. I’m not particularly lethargic or anything but instead I have a false sense of how much I can really do before I burn out. And there have been times that I’ve gone all out on Saturday and ended up being bound to the bed Sunday trying to recover. I thank God my husband was home the last time that happened; he was able to go out and get Tylenol for me and his sister stayed the night so she was able to take care of my friends dog that I was babysitting that weekend.

Goal 1

Go to the gym regularly! At least 3 times a week. I want to do some light lifting. I can lift up to 15lbs so I can tone and keep my tone with that amount of weight. My focus will be on arms and legs/booty.

I recently purchased a pedometer to count my steps because I usually take my lunch hour to walk and get my blood circulating. The pedometer makes walking more meaningful because you can see how many steps you’ve taken and try to increase them as you go. And walking is great for pregnancy to I’m sticking to it.

This September, there will be a yoga challenge for beginners and I plan to participate. I think 15-20 minutes in the evenings will be helpful and I often feel so relaxed after yoga; it will be an added benefit just before bed time. I’m getting my husband to join in.


Goal 2

Get more rest! Yes, I want to go to the gym but that doesn’t take so much of my energy. It’s waking early mornings (between 6:30 and 7) even on weekends and going all day without taking proper breaks and sometimes not eating enough to sustain the energy I’m expending. Pulling a non-stop 15-16 hour day is not a good idea.

I’m actually looking forward to fall coming because life will slow down, leaving me with more time to rest and to take life a little slower.

Goal 3

Girl your hair!! I’ve been having a bad hair since July. I wish I were dramatizing right now but nothing can top my raggedy head. I’ve been washing my hair, that is a given but I haven’t done anything to make it look nice and as a result it looks REAL bad.

I really want to color my hair but after a questionable bleach job and box color, I think my hair needs a rest. And, I’m not supposed to be exposing myself to fumes at this time so, at best; I can do a rinse and hope for the best. Color aside, at the very least; I can make an effort to look like I give a damn.

Also, my skin needs pampering too; it’s been usually dry this summer, so I’m going to remedy it with dry brushing and exfoliating with immediate moisturizing to follow.


Goal 4

Back to books! I haven’t been reading much this summer or this year to be honest. I set goals at the beginning of the year and they’ve completely gotten away from me. I haven’t even been reading my bible like I want. So I’ve decided that I’m simply going to take time and read. I carry my mini bible in my purse and read during breaks or on the train. I also found a truly interesting book at the library (review coming soon) and I’m enjoying it so far.

And how awesome is it that there is a book festival this weekend in Washington DC?!?! I’m hoping to go and snag at least 1 book and maybe something to add to my future reading list.

These are my goals…as always, starting now!

Comments

Popular Posts