The Day My FACEBOOK Died : A Year Later


Today, June 4, 2014 marks my 1 year- dead, gone and deleted Facebook page. It’s been a blessing for sure. Praises to The Most High! I have less anxiety; I’ve had more time to be present and grateful for what is happening in my own life. It feels good.

I have no regrets and while I sometimes wonder about an old friend or a once in a lifetime acquaintance, I just take the opportunity to say a short prayer for their sake and hope the best for them.

Maintaining a sense of control is what helps me maintain a sense of self. I just can’t simply exist, I must live also. And spending too much time looking into everyone else’s “goin’n on” is not living. I can say without a doubt, that 100% percent of my time on Facebook was wasted time. I could have been out having my own experiences but I ended up in some sort of social media vortex where I was ignorantly living vicariously through the people I was following, thinking I was having their “fun”; confusing the feelings of anxiety with feelings of excitement.

My original claim was that I didn't spend a lot of time on Facebook...A year later I realize I spent a lot more time on there than I realized. Thank God for Jesus. My eyes where open to the truth. I was living a sad existence and as I always say, “It ain’t going down like that!”  I’m grateful, that’s all I can say.  I don’t miss it and I am certainly living without it. 
 
I am not completely removed from social media, I have a Youtube; it plays a different role in my life. I use it for information and entertainment; it’s not too different from tv in my opinion. I don’t care for daily vlogs but I do like music videos, and tutorials. The purpose of this post is not to condemn social media or anyone who uses it, but I just want to share my personal experience with this particular facet of modern communication. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts