Reflections on 2014 Lent

Lent ends at sundown. I've spent 40 days with no Big Bang Theory and no Youtube. But Lent is much more than giving up a tv show and a social network; it's to develop a closer relationship with God by remembering the life and sacrifice of Christ.

I have to be honest, I don't feel like I did that. I definitely did not spend enough quiet time in reading the Bible but I did pray and converse with God, I'm grateful for that. I just didn't make strides like I was hoping.

I did come to realize that my life is filled with a whole lot of distractions. And if I want to grow spiritually, I'm going to have to make serious changes. I'm working on a plan to work quiet-time into my day. It's not easy, but when it comes to spending time with God, I have to have guerrilla style methods otherwise it won't happen... at least not like it's suppose to.

While Lent did not go as I planned, I still thank God for Jesus. Easter is still my favorite holiday and I can fast and pray anytime of the year. God is always with me and I want to acknowledge him in all that I do.

Luke 24:6-7

He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' "
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts