I Don't Wanna Go To Mexico...


This past week my fiancé and I were in a rush to find someplace to go for our honeymoon. His parents are close friends with a travel agent, and so when had pretty easy access to travel deals. We gave them some general and honestly not very descriptive ideas of what where we may want to go. I went back and forth between Quebec and the Caribbean. He was up for going wherever as long as it wasn’t too expensive.

Time was slipping away and his mom suggested we go to Mexico…she’d been there before and said it was nice. I hadn’t thought to go to Mexico; not for me honeymoon. So without actually saying yes or no, we let another month and half go by without a decision. We start talking about it again and my fiancé speaks with the travel agent, and Mexico is the deal of the day (literally).  I thought about it, and decided that Mexico wasn’t where I imagined I’d spend my honeymoon…no go.

I’ve never not wanted to visit Mexico and at the same time I’ve never wanted to. Maybe it’s weird and a little offensive but it’s the truth. It’s like it wasn’t on my travel radar. My fiancé’s mother did say that the Mayan Ruins were beautiful and the historic tours you could take are nice; her accounts gave me something to think about and maybe one of these days my fiancé and I will take a trip.
 
...oh right!
So where are we going....
 
I'll tell you later.

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts