Magazines for Real Information



I love my books but my magazines keep me current and informed.

One of my frequent reads is Slate – a web magazine. At first I would just read the advice columns but it turns out that the articles have loads of sustenance along with a healthy portion of wit.  This is a magazine for someone looking for updates on current affairs without the humdrum of a traditional newspaper.

My favorite serious news magazine is Bloomberg Business Week I have absolutely fallen head over heels in love. It is a total briefcase booklet but if you ever want to know the socioeconomic status of the world, this is the magazine to read. Every week they focus on events occurring across the globe and provide insightful articles from several different viewpoints.

What’s so legit about this magazine is that they touch all parts of the globe to talk to people who are at the top of their respective industries down to the man at the very bottom. You get the story from all sides. It’s crazy how events taking place in one country can directly influence the way of life in another.

I also read fitness magazines. I'm not a hardcore gym person, but I do live a healthy and moderately active lifestyle. I recently Discovered Vegan Health and Fitness. They focus on the benefits of a healthy balanced vegan diet and they interview people from various fitness levels that follow a vegan way of life. Gone are the days of scrawny carrot munchers! I feel totally inspired after reading.

You can access the articles online. For Slate and BloombergBusiness Week.

My other magazines include Vegan Health & and Fitness, BlackEnterprise, Self.

Comments

Popular Posts