K-Pop Pleasure

I confess! I've been sucked in by the Korean Wave. I am a full fledged K-pop fan. I can't get enough of it. I have a special playlist on my Youtube just for my K-pop favs.

Right now I'm really into 2NE1 and of course BIG BANG (my favorite favorite). I also like Girl's Day, SHINee, Infinite, 15&, and Super Junior. There are several other groups that make good music but the ones I've listed here are truly great. 

My favorite K-idol of them all is 2NE1's Park Bom (shown). She's sweet, feminine, and loves eating; not only that she is one of the few K-pop singers that is older than 25. Yay! for K-pop fans in mid-late 20s.                     

K-pop isn't totally new but this is my first experience with Asian music that has consistently bee really good. I've seen people all over the web trying to compare this Korean sensation with the pop explosion that's been happening in Japan for ages...It has similarities but in my opinion it's different and holds its own aside without being compared to J-pop.

Honestly, I can't see how anyone can't like it. Although, I do understand that initially you don't know what they're saying; but, that's what search engines are for - I can search the lyrics and get a romanized form of the words in Korean but also the English translation - K-pop on!

Comments

Popular Posts