The Rules of Creativity


On the very first day of 2013 I went to the bookstore to look for some awesome reads for a good deal. I got 4 books for buy 2 get 1half-off and a dollar book on how to write short stories. I’m not sure that I’m interested in writing creatively, I always found too have to rules. Short stories and poems had too many guidelines to follow.  I’d like the think that Nikki Giovanni writes passionately about her cares, not giving too much thought to the rules of writing. A creator naturally falls within their own rhythm and that rhythm is what draws people in; not the rules.

I do see the importance of the curriculum for someone like myself who doesn’t have the passion of a creator; but still the rules remain all the more stifling; how can I create if I am not given the necessary room to be creative?

Comments

Popular Posts