An Intimate Walk with Shakespeare


I am into Shakespeare, when I had to read his plays for undergrad, it was daunting but not beyond my ability. I wanted to read this great art on my own time, with no pending reports or grades mucking about. Before I purchased Romeo and Juliet, I bought Julius Caesar- out of the 8 Shakespeare plays I had read; Julius Caesar was the absolute best, epic and emotional with a brutality I could visualize. It is my favorite. I imagine it will be much more of a pleasure to read now that it will be of my own leisure. I can read and reread and make sense of it on my own without the ridged guidelines of a curriculum.

I own these 2 written copies of his plays and a book of complete sonnets that I’ve had for at least 4 years. This year, I will read Shakespeare! I will enjoy it and think intellectually about it. I will know it intimately, and it will inevitably become part of my psyche. Who can quote William Shakespeare? I can.

Comments

Popular Posts