World War Zzzz


World War Z: An Oral History of The Zombie War, written by Max Books is by far the worst book I’ve ever read. It was suggested to me by a co-worker.  Naturally, I trusted this guy, he teaches literature and creative writing in the evenings and I really believed that this was going to be interesting. Wrong! Besides the book being laden with details about how and where a zombie outbreak originated; there was no real story.

The book is conducted in an interview format. A man, I forget if he’s a journalist or not, goes around “collecting” evidence from different people from different parts of the world. Each person experienced somewhat of the same outbreak with little differences between them. Because he was gathering so much evidence, it was hard to piece the story together. The only information that seemed to be significant was that everyone believed the first zombie occurrence begin in rural China. 

In short, it was long and exhausting, hard to follow and so incredibly BORING! There were gory details (it is about zombies) but there was nothing that peaked my interests  or made me believe there was something good to come. 

 I would only recommend this book if someone really wants to be challenged with sifting through copious amounts of zombie oral reports.  

Comments

Popular Posts