The Lady Reads

I have set a goal for this year (2013). To read 35 books. My original plight was to read 52 books, but I thought that was a little too ambitious. So 35 is my start, if I read anything more it will be a bonus. 

Why reading?

Why not? I love books, they are a gateway to a wealth of knowledge. I've read more books this past year thank I've read in the last 3 years. That's saying a lot. I've found renewed joy in books and I'm looking forward to reading across all genres. I am starting December 1, 2012. I am not waiting til January ... there's no reason to. I am choosing December 1 because I will finished my current book buy then. The first day of the month is perfect to start my new book.

What I'm Reading

A sports genre The Kid Comes Back by John R. Tunis. This will be a first among many others. I have never read a sports book before. Ever! I'm not going to lie; the cover got my attention, it looks inspirational and entertaining. Hopefully it's engaging and easy to relate to as well. I'm thinking I made a good first choice. 

THE RULES

Obviously I'm not going to be reading two word children's books. They will be chapter books, of any interest I choose. I do not have time limits...although, I think I should read no less than 30 minutes a day. And, I have to read the book ALL the way thru. No matter how boring. I am also allowing plays. I may want to read Julius Caesar or Romeo & Juliet. And only 1 book at a time!

Easy?  We'll see. I'm not starting with a list or anything. I have books I want to read but, I'm not holding myself to any particular title. I will update and review a few books I think are worth a read.

**I'm reading both electronic and paper

Comments

Popular Posts