Education


I graduated with a B.A. in English. I was required to read the most boring literature ever written. Most of the time I searched for detailed analysis online and did what I could with that. I got mostly Cs with a few Bs and an A or two along the way. 

There is a reason why I didn’t read those books- there simply wasn’t enough time. One English course could require you to read 4 books a semester; multiply that times 3 and you’ve got 12 books to read in a 16 week semester. Add on research papers and a final analysis for each class and you’re spent! Sure, I did do some actual reading, I had the books, but in short, I just needed to know what the book was about.
 
I wasn’t about getting over; I was more about getting the work done. I didn’t get stellar grades but I was truly interested in my studies; I love reading, I love writing and that reflects on my work and my general interests.

Comments

Popular Posts