Homemade-Vegan Black Bean Burgers

I made vegan black bean burgers for dinner last week. I didn’t use a recipe, I just went with the inspiration.

⅓ of a bag of baby carrots or 2 whole carrots (Shredded)
1 can of black beans rinsed
¼ of onion chopped
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp of roasted garlic and herb seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste

Honey Mustard
1 tbsp stoneground mustard
A drizzle of honey and a squeeze or lemon

THe honey mustard can be made truly vegan with agave instead of honey.

I pulsed the onion and garlic in the food processor and then I added the black beans and shredded carrots. Blend in the food processor until it has reached the desired consistency. I don’t like my burgers too blended so I just mixed for a few seconds until the ingredients were combined. The roasted herb and garlic seasoning in pretty salty so I did not add any additional salt.

Listed above is exactly how I made my burgers but in the future I think I will saute my onions and garlic first before I form my burgers. The onion taste was just a tiny bit too strong for my liking. I also think this burger would be good with mushrooms too.

Check out what I eat on instagram @kisses4sofia

Comments

Popular Posts